Today I received an email in my inbox that had auto-previewed and then Outlook immediately became non-responsive afterwards. I killed the task and re-opened the program only to find that was now attempting to connect to \\googleads.some.url and another site called \\pixel.quantserve.com\pixel at startup. After that Outlook would no longer open up fully and I would keep having to kill the task. The only way I was able to get the program to open was by running Outlook in safe mode.
To open Outlook in safe mode, at the run prompt or the “Search programs and files” menu type:
After that I went into File > Options > Add-Ins > Manage Com Add-Ins “Go” button and disabled everything but the Microsoft Exchange Add-In.
Here is a list of all of the Add-Ins I had on my system.
– Adobe Contribute Plugin
– Business Connectivity Services Add-In
– Microsoft Exchange Add-in
– Microsoft Outlook Social Connector
– Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in
– Microsoft VBA for Outlook Addin
– TeamViewer Meeting Add-In
– Windows Search Email Indexer