If you want to backup your saved sessions from WinSCP, that is easy enough, as long as the computer is still in a working state, you can use the backup and restore feature from within the software. But what if the computer doesn’t boot or you swapped the drive into a different machine? So long as you can still access the drive and have access to that user’s registry file, you can easily extract the data you need.
To export the settings:
- Open up regedit and navigate to the HKEY_USERS key and select it.
- Go to File > Load Hive.
- Load that user’s registry hive by navigating and selecting this file:
- Enter a name for this hive to show up under HKEY_USERS as.
- In the tree, find the name you gave to the hive in the previous step and navigate to the following key:
HKCU\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2
- Right click the key and select Export.
- Give the .reg file a name and save it somewhere
To import the settings, simply double click on the saved .reg file and answer yes to merge it into the registry.